Thursday, March 01, 2007

For my final project I am incorporating some sort of multimedia project about global warming, at least I hope to anyways. I have already completed one for another class and might choose to use a similar format for this project; a Power Point presentation that goes on its own without the need for me or anyone else to run the presentation. I also thought about using a more sophisticated program that would allow me to present the information better. I have seen others use Windows Movie Maker and their projects came out very well done, so I may try to use that. The only problem would be my extremely limited experience with this program so if anyone has any suggestions on what program I could use that would be great.
Or maybe I could make some major revisions to the project that I have already done. Oh no, there is that word again, “death work”! I think that it would be good for me to revise the current version of the multimedia piece. I don’t feel comfortable with its ability to convey what I want it to say the way it is now. The biggest question that still needs to be answered is, “How can I better get my message across to the readers/viewers?” I think with the appropriate changes and time I could make it say what I want it to, or at least do a better job saying what it is now. In order for a piece like this, one last has no narrator to do its job affectively, the projects meaning must be clear and for a project with such ambitions as this there surely is room for improvement, room for additional supportive information and maybe information to the contrary. I can incorporate the more popular alternatives there are in today’s society of why global warming isn’t happening into my project and then dispel these alternatives. This would strengthen the meaning and hopefully add to the persuasiveness of the piece.
This brings me to another concept spoken about in Nancy Welch’s book, Getting Restless, the idea of “potential spaces”. Potential spaces defined by D.H. Winnicott are, “(spaces) in which participants are able to consider and examine their external realities from a one-step distance. It’s an intermediate arena that, neither immersed in nor divorced from contentious social debates, encourages questioning, experimentation, negotiation, and play.” For me to accurately describe and depict what global warming is than I must step back and look at this issue form all angles. That is were the idea of potential spaces can help me. These spaces will afford me to remove my self from the equation and review the information with an unbiased mind set. So far I cannot say that I really have done this. I haven’t really questioned any of the information that I have read nor have I researched the possible alternatives that others offer as an explanation to our Earth’s increased temperature. That is the next step for me to take in this project. Continue researching the issue and truly look into the alternatives with an open mind; only then will the process of revision yield worthy results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home