Thursday, April 12, 2007

Writing the contracts for this week I came to the conclusion that a brief brochure would help my project. All along I knew that I not only wanted to make a piece that would inform people about global warming but also show people how they can help. However this is much easier and useful in writing than on a presentation. It is hard to display this type of information during a short presentation. Too much text would distract the viewer from the overall meaning. So I decided to include a short brochure that would show what steps “YOU’, individually, can do to help and what steps “WE”, together as a society, can do to help reduce global warming. The brochure will primarily take a listing format. This form will allow the reader to quickly look over the brochure’s information without becoming intimidated. Each step will be easily visible so that it sticks in the readers mind as a valuable piece of information. The brochure will also include a section containing resources on global warming so that the reader can find out more information if they choose to do so. I intend to use the most valuable steps that I have found throughout my research. As the brochure opens, on the left flap will be the “YOU” steps, the right flap will contain the “WE” steps. The front will be simple, calling for the reader to open the brochure with further inquiries. Once I get the information in the brochure I want to take it to a printing facility like Copy Solutions, or Office Depot, etc. to see if they can put it in a brochure format on a thicker weighted paper. The brochure could be distributed to local coffee shops, book stores, posted on campus bulletin boards, libraries, and even at various business lobbies. The nice thing about distributing the brochure is that it would be easy to do.

Enough of talking school work, how bout them YANKEES! They don’t have the best record but they are playing great baseball and they aren’t even fully healthy yet either. Soon they play a series with Boston which will be a good series. Then we will get to see how good Dice K is really going to be when he goes up against their line-up. I love this time of the year, there are more baseball games on than I have time to watch, which is a great problem to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home